- Industry News: Haeir buys GE Appliances; new Wolf induction cooktop; Italian appliance manufacturer, SMEG, gaining market share
- Firing your customer; identifying and harpooning "land sharks." Link to article discussed in the vodcast: https://www.groovehq.com/support/how-to-fire-a-bad-customer
- Current thinking on responding to negative reviews
- Dealing with unreasonable customers
- Master Samurai Tech news
We honestly can't stop thinking of ways to support our students here at the Master Samurai Tech Academy. In addition to the already-awesome student support benefits here at Master Samurai Tech-- such as the Student Forums and regular, live webinars-- we’re offering live tech help for students in the Appliantology Chatroom to our students!
You still need to create a free account at Appliantology because it’s a completely different website and software. So having an account here at Master Samurai Tech does not automatically create an account for you at Appliantology.
Let me put that another way: your login information here at Master Samurai Tech will not work at Appliantology.
So... separate website, separate account.
Here’s how you get access to this epic new appliance school resource:
2. Create a FREE account at Appliantology.org. If you already have one, just move on to step 3! (Reminder: your MST login will NOT work at Appliantology.)
3. Complete the simple form below to let us know that you want in on this Oracle of Appliance Repair, and we will upgrade your account to "MST Student" so you’ll have FREE access to the Appliantology Chatroom. NOTE: You'll need to be enrolled and logged in to see the form). The upgrade is done manually by Team Samurai, normally within 24 hours.
Now, you won’t have all the other awesome and mind-blowing other benefits that Professional Appliantologists have, such as unlimited service manual downloads. But you can get them if you want them right here!
The results can help to identify work readiness for a new hire, and training needs for new or existing techs.
Techs with Experience
Our experience at the MST Academy is that the material taught in the Fundamentals course is a huge boost for most techs - even those with many years of experience - because the vast majority never got adequate training in Basic Electricity, circuits, and reading schematics. Even a thorough understanding of electric motors is often missing.
However, some experienced techs aren’t sure if the Fundamentals course is right for them.
The questions on the Tech Check are drawn from the material taught in the Fundamentals course at the Academy, so the results can give you a good indication of how useful that course would be in filling in any knowledge or skill gaps.
Since we don’t teach “fluff” in the Academy, any result less than 90% indicates that there is room for filling in some knowledge and skill gaps!
For new or prospective hires, with little to no appliance repair experience, you can see what, if any, foundational knowledge they bring to the table which will help shape your expectations of their training needs and how long it might take to get them up to speed.
The Tech Check has questions in the following categories:
Aptitude (math questions based on the types of calculations needed for the course)
The results are reported (via email) as a percentage of correct answers in each category.
Younger people have practically grown up online, yet often are missing a few important concepts on how to use the internet as a professional tool.
Older folks manage to get around online, but often aren’t quite sure of some of the terminology and techniques of surfing the web, and are kind of embarrassed to ask for help. For example, IF YOU TYPE ONLINE MESSAGES IN ALL CAPS, THEN YOU NEED THIS COURSE! 😉
We’ve kept it brief, light, and fun so you can whip through it in a short amount of time, absorbing whatever information is helpful for you.
To take Internetology, all you need is a free registration at Master Samurai Tech which you can get here.
If you already have a student account, just make sure you are logged in and you’ll see it in your course listings on your login/welcome page.
If you’d like to keep up with all of our action-packed, life-altering, rock 'em sock 'em nuggets of appliance repair wisdom, make sure you are on our regular Master Samurai Tech Newsletter mailing list! Click here to subscribe for free.